Friday, March 21, 2008

Birthday Idea

Hi,

I heard about a great birthday idea to replace the or.gy of gift giving that usually happens. There is this website Echoage that has a great idea. You get people to give to the website and instead of lots of gifts, your kid gets a check for half the amount and the other half goes to the charity of your hoice. It teaches kids the joy of giving and they might actual buy something that they really want with the money. The only problem that I see is that you have to get email addresses from people to invite them to the party. It is the way I am going for my next kid's birthday.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I know what you mean about the pile of gifts that come with kid's birthday parties these days. I see my niece and nephews reaction and it's usually 6 seconds of interest and then "what else did I get?" I think echoage is a great alternative.