Saturday, August 05, 2006

New Start

Well I have been thinking about doing this for a long time. I think that I have something to say and so here goes. I am one of the older Moms. I had a long struggle with Infertility (10 years), but now I have two boys. I worked part-time with my first son but right now I am a stay-at-home Mom. My boys are 4.5 years and 8 months.

Okay, we are currently living in Markham, which is Toronto to those far away and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to the locals. I have lived in Arizona and Oregon. Loved Oregon and not so much for Arizona. We can talk about that later if you like. It has been a hard move. We wanted to come back to Canada to raise our kids so that they would feel Canadian. I loved our friends in the US, but Bush, well let's just say I think that he is pretty much satan himself.

Anyway, we ended up moving back to Canada when I was 6 months pregnant. I had a miserable pregnancy. I was sick as a dog and I had a full body rash for months. We lived in a Hotel for 3 months, a trailer for 2 weeks before we moved into our current house. It is hard to reach out and find new friends as a new Mom with 2 small kids. My family is 3,000 miles closer than it was, but they are still a good hours drive away. I have a great husband and a happy marriage but he works like a dog. It is a trap that so many of us fall into. He makes more and so he ends up being unable to quit. I would love to find a way around it, but it is so hard. I will probably go back to work when I stop breast feeding.

In this blog I want to talk about parenting, life and just reach out. So feel free to reach back.

No comments: