Friday, January 12, 2007

Privacy

I have mixed feelings about some of my posts. I have done some self-censcoring It is tough working out the public/private face issues. I see problems like DD had with T.K.O. where private information was being used as hurtful gossip. I want to post and share, but I do NOT want any to tell my children about being DE kids before I do. Unfortunately we all know people who would do it and think that it was justified.

I think that it is important that I share my feelings and get the feeling of community that we all need. I am just afraid that I will reveal too much and be found out. I don't really care if I get Anonymous criticism. I just want to protect my children.

1 comment:

DD said...

It's a tough lesson, giving out more info than one is prepared to address, which is what happened in my case. I thought by sharing our story, people would be more likely to be understanding, but they are not. Their own agendas will always take precendence.

If you know that there is someone close to your family who is aware of the DE that may blurt out the issue, maybe it's best to ask them when they think the child should be told and then use that as a preemptive strike.

Frankly, if I was to become pregnant via donor and someone from my work, or family, told them before I had to...I would be beyond furious.