Saturday, January 05, 2008

Update on me

Happy New Year to all of you. I had a very quiet new year. I was awake lying in bed with my DH. We were watching TV. Not exactly a party time, but I am not a party girl. Small children kind of kill that anyway. I don't miss it.

I have been doing much better lately. I have been seeing a Naturopath and she has done wonders. We have done a lot of little changes. My routine has changed. I start each day drinking hot water and lemon. I am taking digestive enzymes with each meal. I am taking fish oil. I end each day with hot ginger or chamomile tea. Sometimes I rub my stomach with castor oil and then put on a heating pad for about an hour. I no longer drink more than a few sips of liquids 1/2 hour before or 1 hour after a meal. I still drink 8 to 10 cups of water a day. Most importantly, I try to have 30 to 35 grams of fibre a day. The increase in fibre has been key. All of these little things and more are working together to make me better. I regularly get 7 or 8 hours of sleep at night. I rarely have to sleep sitting up. My brain is coming back and I am glad, glad, glad. I no longer percolate with gas.

Life is good

No comments: